Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Phone-yness on The Perennial Gen blog

Please check out The Perennial Gen blog when you have a chance.

Yesterday they published my article on Phone-yness. It expresses a frustration I have felt when aiming for true community, personal friendships, by attending events planned by others. My article addresses the issue from the standpoint of Christians using church-planned events to nurture friendships, when what better nurtures friendships is personal pursuit, namely picking up the phone to call people. I thank God for church-planned events, because that is where I learn which people I have affinity for, and vice versa. But then I need to take initiative. The reasons why are important, and you can read more here:  https://theperennialgen.com/?p=3169

The same concept holds true for any group you're a member of. If I want to better know a coworker, fellow volunteer, or interest group member, she or I needs to phone for a personal chat or invitation. Phoney-ness, it's a gift.

No comments: