Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Coronavirus Irony and Humor

Day 58 of sheltering in place, and thankfully, so far, so good health-wise.


Miscellaneous Ironies

Right before the pandemic hit, I splurged buying a twin sweater set. The catalog called it cashmere-like. I wanted warm, long sleeves for winter travel to the nursing home, but cool sleeveless shell for inside Mom's always-toasty nursing home. My mom's facility has not allowed visitors since March 10. Bet I won’t wear that twinset till next winter.

We’ve been without a dining room light all winter. Finally ordered new fixture. Robert picked it up at store in case store goes out of business before COVID-19 is over. Now the boxes sit in the corner of the dining room until we can allow a workman to come into our house.

Often on my morning walk my jeans feel loose. I have to keep pulling them back up to my waist. Hoping I might be losing a few pounds, I hop on the bathroom scale, which dashes my hope. Apparently, I have just worn these jeans so many days in a row, they have stretched out. Haha.

Humor

We all seem to need an extra dose of laughter now. Unfortunately, between tragedy and uncertainty, the news is grim. Facebook friends have instinctively presented the most wonderful funnies during this pandemic. Some that tickle me are:

Video of a drone walking the dog of a quarantined man.
In 30 days we’ll know what color everyone’s hair really is.
I'm mapping out my next vacation tour. The graphic is a floor plan of house.
Now I know how pets feel to be cooped up. I just barked at a squirrel.
Every evening I change from my day pajamas to my night pajamas.
Actually, it’s only quarantine if it comes from the Quarantine region of France. Otherwise, it’s just Sparkling Isolation.

I hope the jokes keep coming but they certainly seem to have slowed. I'm thankful for John Krasinski's Some Good News YouTube web series, which is both uplifting and funny. Click here to see my favorite episode so far. As our second stay-at-home month drags on, humor is refreshing.
 

No comments: